If you’ve been considering making money online for any length of time, it’s likely you’ve heard of affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is by far one of the best ways to passively make money online. While it’s not exactly easy to get started, per se – once your fundamental marketing structure is in place, it’s quite simple.
Indeed, this is precisely where beginners get stuck. They can pick out a great product to promote, but then have no idea where to go from there. Here are 10 simple tips on affiliate marketing for beginners to get you started on the road to success.
1. Build it, and they will come. As a beginner, you may not yet have your own website. No problem. You can build a site using WordPress in order to promote your affiliate product. First, write a simple blog post that talks about the benefits of your affiliate product while including your affiliate link in the article.
2. Strategically place the affiliate banner of your product on your site.
3. Even if your mailing list is very small, use it to promote your product anyway.
4. Make sure you include your affiliate link in both your forum signature and your email signature.
5. Write a sincere, honest product review to help promote your affiliate product. Include benefits and advantages about its features as well its pros and cons. If you have personally used the product, use your personal experience to enhance your review with even greater detail.
6. Create a special report using your affiliate links, and then give your report away free of charge.
7. Write multiple landing pages for your affiliate product with the goal to affect various audiences and drive targeted traffic back to your landing page. A few vendors will provide you with various versions of affiliate landing pages. Ideally, it’s best to make your own landing page in order to stand out from the crowd. There are free tools available online to help you.
8. Get the word out and post to social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, or YouTube. Try to use savvy headlines that grab people’s attention like the ones listed on your merchant’s sales letter. You can use tinyurl.com to shorten the URL of your affiliate link and make it easier to track your clicks. Meanwhile, you should aggressively build a network aimed towards a targeted audience who’s interested in what you have to offer.
9. Use PPC ads and solo ads to effectively promote your affiliate product. Make sure your ad corresponds to the ad provider’s specific niche.
10. Without spending a great deal of money, invest in a few reliable info products to help you on your affiliate marketing journey if you feel it’s necessary. Be careful though, not all informational products are created equal.
It takes time to be successful at affiliate marketing, and yes – there is a significant learning curve. But once you understand how it works and create your site, pages, and properly insert your affiliate links – you’re on your way to a passive income for years to come. Virtually no other money making model can beat it.
There’s a wealth of information available online regarding every step of affiliate marketing from start to finish – simply ‘Google’ whatever you don’t understand or need to know.